Motorists heading towards the city centre can expect temporary road closure from 27th Aug 2015 (Thursday) until 31st August (Monday) for the 2015 National Day rehearsals and celebration which will take place at Dataran Merdeka.
According to Kuala Lumpur Traffic Police chief ACP Mohd Nadzri Hussain, the roads would be closed from 6am daily and are expected to reopen in stages by noon each day.
The affected roads include:
- Jalan Travers/Jalan Damansara (National Museum)
- Jalan Mahameru/Jalan Damansara (Carcosa)
- Jalan Mahameru/Jalan Damansara (National Museum Exit)
- Hishamuddin Roundabout/Jalan Lembah (National Mosque)
- Jalan Perdana/Jalan Lembah
- Jalan Kinabalu/Hishamuddin Roundabout (Dayabumi)
- Jalan Kinabalu/Jalan Hishamuddin (Bukit Aman Exit)
- Jalan Lembah/Jalan Cenderasari
- Leboh Pasar Besar/Jalan Hang Kasturi
- Leboh Ampang/Jalan Tun Perak
- Jalan Dang Wangi/Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
- Jalan Kuching/Dato Onn Roundabout
- Jalan Kinabalu/Dato Onn Roundabout
- Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman/Jalan Raja (Dataran Merdeka)
- Jalan Hishamuddin/Jalan Raja (Dataran Merdeka)
- Jalan Parlimen/Dato Onn Roundabout (Kuala Lumpur City Hall)
- Jalan Dato Onn/Jalan Raja (Royal Selangor Club)
- Jalan Mahkamah Persekutuan
Only those who will be on duty on National Day are allowed to enter Dataran Merdeka through Bulatan Dato Onn – Jalan Gereja and park their vehicles in the underground parking lot, however, they need the necessary car stickers to enter Dataran Merdeka. Exceptions will be made for VVIPs, VIPs, ambassadors and those with an official invitation to attend the celebrations, explained ACP Nadzri.
Meanwhile, chartered buses were also allowed to drop off and fetch participants near Dataran Merdeka but drivers are required to use the assigned routes.
Source: The Star