To complement the IONIQ Hybrid’s high-tech and futuristic qualities that we tested recently, Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors (HSDM) has upgraded the IONIQ with an advanced Audio Visual Navigation (AVN) system in offering convenience to the driver and also to cater the customer’s varied lifestyles.
Built around the Android operating system, the upgraded 8-inch AVN system comes with a wide range of functions and applications, which include:
- Music – Radio, MP3 Playback, Spotify app
- Convenience – Built-in Bluetooth wireless communication and phonebook transfer as well as My Hyundai app to place a service booking or call for 24hours road assist
- Navigation apps with Waze and Google Maps installed
- Clock and Weather widgets that are updated via wifi
The 8-inch AVN system also supports standalone applications, which makes it ideal as applications such as Spotify, Waze and Google Maps, do not get disrupted by incoming phone calls. Apart from that it also integrates-well with both the iOS and Android based smartphones. The new AVN system comes with 3 years or 100,000km warranty (whichever comes first).
With the introduction of the new upgraded AVN system, HSDM now offers the IONIQ Hybrid in 3 variants namely:
- Ioniq Hybrid HEV (*RM100,388)
- Ioniq Hybrid HEV Plus (*RM114,088)
- Ioniq HEV Plus with AVN System (*RM116,488)
*Price quoted is On-The-Road without insurance.
Existing IONIQ Hybrid customers can opt for the upgrade by trading in their existing head unit and topping up the difference. For more information about the AVN system or to place booking for the IONIQ hybrid, customers can head over to the nearest sales outlet or call Hyundai’s Customer Careline at 1-300-13-2000.